Sunday, April 26, 2009

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965)

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this movie. I knew it was probably going to be a bad "B" movie, but who can resist bodacious babes and vroomy sports cars out on the desert. Little did I realize what a treat Faster, Pussycat! Die! Die! was going to be. It's not for folks who are squeamish about seeing sadistic, conniving females or dirty old cripples who like tasty young females. The violence and lechery borders on shocking for a black & white movie from the 60's. Perhaps the most shocking scene in the film is alluded to in the movie poster included with this post -- where the lead evil wench kills a man with her bare hands. I alternated between the urge to laugh and gasp throughout the film. The audience in the alternative movie house chose laughter for the most part. I have a feeling that this movie very well could have been part of the inspiration for Quentin Tarantino's most recent, "Death Proof." If you like this sort of movie, I urge you to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home